The Easter season is upon us and I would like to share some ideas of how grandparents can share the true meaning of Easter with our grandchildren.
When is the last time you told your grandchildren you are praying for them? Easter is a great time to connect with our grandchildren whether they live down the street, across town or a long distance away. It is essential to communicate to these precious children that we care enough to pray for them.
Here are a few good suggestions you can use during this Easter season.
• Send your grandchildren an Easter card with a Bible verse and/or a note that you are praying for them. The younger ones enjoy getting mail and the older ones don’t mind.
• Send a CARE package: Easter egg coloring kit, Easter craft, Easter paper plate, napkins, and cups for a family dinner or a storybook with the true meaning of Easter. Of course, for young children Easter would not be complete with the traditional candy.
• Email, text, or send an electronic Easter card.
• Send the “Resurrection eggs” you can purchase online or at local Christian bookstore.
• Bake “Resurrection Rolls” with your grandchildren while telling them the true meaning of Easter.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for the recipe and I will email it to you.
As grandparents, God has given us an awesome responsibility and privilege to have a part in the lives of those dear grandchildren with our prayers and encouragement. Easter gives a special opportunity to share the message of the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Note: You may purchase Easter books and the “Resurrection eggs” at your local Christian bookstore or online at www.christianbooks.com.
By Lillian Penner