September 9, 2012 as Grandparent’s Day of Prayer.
Christian Grandparenting Network is asking grandparents all over the world to unite in prayer for their grandchildren on Sunday, September 9, 2012. This date is the official United StatesNational Grandparents Day designated by a Senate proclamation signed by President Jimmy Carter in 1978.
Our grandchildren are living in a desperate moral and spiritual climate navigating in a world hostile to truth. Satan has launched an aggressive attack on all fronts using media, technology, education, social influences and political pressures to desensitize and cloud the boundaries of truth and righteousness that hold nations and families together. Perhaps at no other time in our history is a call to prayer more urgently required than it is today for our grandchildren.
Grandparents are invited to stand in the gap together for their grandchildren as Esther stood in the gap for her people in a desperate time. The call is being issued for prayer warriors to link arms and go to battle for the sake of the next generation in today’s post-Christian culture.
Christian Grandparenting Network is putting a call out to thousands of grandparents who will sign up to pray individually or encourage group participation on this special day of prayer. Everyone who signs up to make Grandparent’s Day of Prayer a high priority to pray will receive a downloadable copy of Scriptures to Pray for your Grandchildren.
“. . . all the believers lifted their voices together in prayer to God . . .” Acts 4:24 (NLT)
Sign up and to participant in the worldwide movement to the urgent call to pray for our grandchildren on September 9, 2012.
Just follow the following steps to partner with us to reach our grandkids for Christ by uniting in prayer on Grandparents Day of Prayer.
- Start by signing up on Step 1 to unite in prayer with grandparents for their grandchildren on Grandparents Day of Prayer, which is Sunday, September 9.
- Help us promote this event by spreading the word.
- Send emails or forward this email to your friends to participate in the Grandparents Day of Prayer.
- Pass out business card sized announcements to pass out to your friends, available on this website.
- Volunteers are needed to coordinate the event in their church or community.
- Go to to www.christiangrandparenting.net/day-of-prayer.html for additional information, guidelines, and handouts, which you can download on this website.
- Become an ADVOCATE for grandchildren worldwide. Learn more about how to be an advocate for your grandchildren in our weekly blogs on our website www.christiangrandparenting.net.
Go to the website for additional information at www.christiangrandparenting.net/day-of-prayer-home.html and check out the steps to sign up to participate with grandparents worldwide to pray urgently for their grandchildren. Our goal is to have thousands of grandparents sign up to make praying for their grandchildren a high priority.
If you have any questions or want to order any promotional, materials please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lillian Penner, National Prayer Coordinator for Christian Grandparenting Network