Today it is only two more days until Grandparents Day of Prayer. I am sharing suggestions to pray for your grandchildren in preschool, elementary, preteen, teenager and college age students. I hope you will find these suggestions helpful to pray for them intentionally at the different age levels.
For PRESCHOOLERS, pray they will:
1. Develop a well-balanced personality
2. Learn problem resolutions.
3. Play well with others.
4. Learn to obey quickly; respect authority.
5. Explore and create without fear of failure.
6. Develop a soft heart towards Jesus
7. Develop confidence and independence.
8. Learn to control their emotions and anger.
9. Develop an awareness of God’s love.
10. Build positive friendships.
For ELEMENTARY-AGE CHILDREN, pray they will:
1. Discover their God-given gifts and talents.
3. Develop a sense of satisfaction and enjoy using their skills.
4. Be motivated, disciplined and challenged in their learning experiences.
5. Treat others with respect.
6. Stand firm for what is right and refuse the wrong with a positive attitude.
7. Choose friendships wisely.
8. Obey their parents.
9. Understand their need for a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
10. Develop a strong and healthy selfesteem and self-confidence.
10. Have a safe, healthy classroom environment.
11. Be protected from the deception of the enemy
12. Develop a hunger for God’s Word.
As PRE–TEEN & TEENAGERS, pray they will:
1. Be motivated, disciplined, and challenged to apply themselves in their studies in order to excel academically.
2. Experience the reality of Jesus Christ in their lives as they grow strong in their faith.
3. Recognize the deception of the world.
4. Be covered with God’s safekeeping physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
5. Date wisely (which leads to a life’s partner).
6. Be sexually pure.
7. Have open communication and good relationship with parents.
8. Choose friends who will have a positive influence.
9. Develop a hunger for God’s Word and grow spiritually.
10. Have a balanced view of their beauty, charm and strength.
As COLLEGE STUDENTS/YOUNG ADULTS pray they will:
1. Be motivated, disciplined and challenged to apply themselves in their studied to excel academically.
2. Seek God’s wisdom and direction in their management of time, money, and talents.
3. Think creatively and live with integrity.
4. Recognize their gifts so they can find their God given assignment.
5. Find a spouse with a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
6. Be sexually pure.
7. Be willing to accept responsibility and make wise financial decisions.
8. Have open communication and a good relationship with their parents.
By Lillian Penner
National Prayer Coordinator, Christian Grandparenting Network