Spiritual warfare is intense today as our grandchildren are growing up in the midst of a
culture that is morally and spiritually depraved.
When our grandchildren are flirting with the world, just a scratch can contaminate them
and grow into a major spiritual battle. Our younger grandchildren face temptations of lying, cheating, disobedience to parents, etc. Our teenage and young adult grandchildren need protection, as they tend to push the boundaries of a godly lifestyle. The devil is deceptive and he tries to distract them from
walking with the Lord.
I often hear grandparents talking about their concern for their grandchildren growing up in our troubled world and the morally depraved culture they are inheriting. As grandparents, we cannot protect our grandchildren in school and their various activities.
However, we can pray our grandchildren will:
- Invite Jesus Christ into their heart and experience the adventure of a full, purposeful, and fruitful life.
- Guard their hearts and be aware of God’s presence with them.
- Recognize the deception and evil in this world.
- Be strong in their faith so they can resist the enemy.
- See themselves as God sees them full of promise, possibility, and potentiality.
We can also ask God to:
- Cancel the assignments from the enemy.
- Shower our grandchildren with blessings that exceed our dreams.
- Place a hedge of protection over our children and grandchildren physically, emotionally and spiritually each day.
By Lillian Penner
Special Note: For additional suggestions of how to pray for your grandchildren check out Grandparenting with a Purpose: Effective Ways to Pray for your Grandchildren by Lillian Penner. It will challenge you and give you more creative ideas to pray intentionally for your grandchildren. From cell phones to photo prayer journals, you will find tools that will work for you. The book is available on