I would like to share suggestions for things you can do for Grandparents Day of Prayer on September 8.
- Ask your pastor and/or Senior Adult Ministry pastor to make an announcement challenging grandparents to pray for their grandchildren on Sept. 8.
- Order “Grandparents Day of Prayer” promotional bookmarks to distribute at your church and to your friends.
3. Have a potluck after church for grandparents on Sept. 8 and with a prayer time for your grandchildren.
4. Invite some of your friends who are grandparents to your home to join you in prayer for their grandchildren.
5. Make Sept. 8 a special day of prayer as you pray for each of your grand children intentionally.
6. Send your grandchildren a note to inform them that you will be praying for them individually on September 8, Grandparents Day of Prayer.
7. Download and distribute Prayer Suggestions: “31 Scriptures to Pray and Suggestions to pray for Grandchildren in School” available at http://www.christiangrandparenting.net/free-downloads or purchase the prayer cards on the website.
8. Under “Free Downloads”, you may also download Bulletin Inserts, Press Release, Church Information Packet, and a Prayer Guide
9. Listen to a “Not on my Watch’ August 26, 2012 podcast when Cavin Harper, Executive Director of CGN is interviewing Lillian Penner, the National Prayer Coordinator about Grandparents Day of Prayer. www.christiangrandparenting.net/podcast.
10. Check out 2012 Testimonials for ideas.
11. If you serve a meal for grandparents I can send you a placemats you can download that has “31 Scriptures to Pray for your Grandchildren.” (firstname.lastname@example.org).
12. If you cannot do a grandparenting event in your church on September 8 because your church has other plans, postpone to event to a convenient time.
If you have questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
Lillian Penner, Grandparents Day of Prayer Coordinator