It is only 23 days until Sunday, September 8, 2013. Thank you for sharing with your friends on Face book, Twitter, and your community about Grandparents Day of Prayer on September 8. It is imperative that we get the word out to all grandparents to unite in prayer for our dear grandchildren, especially as they are going back to school.
The beginning of the school year can be a stressful experience with new teachers, new classmates and many other new adult influences in a time of uncertainty. In public schools, our grandchildren are in an environment, which is not in a friendly moral or spiritual climate. However, grandparents can ask God to place a shield of protection around them as the enemy tries to distract them from the truth.
- Ask God to guide and protect your grandchildren physically, emotionally and spiritually, as they must navigate in a world unreceptive to the truth.
- Send your grandchildren a “Back to School” note to let them know you will be praying for their physical, emotional, and spiritual protection as they go back to school.
- We need your help to promote the Day of Prayer on National Grandparents Day. If you are on Facebook, ask your online community to join us as we stand in the gap for our grandchildren, not only on September 8 but at all times.
- Go to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/GrandparentDayOfPrayer?ref=hl to “like” us to receive additional grandparenting resources. Then share this post with your Face book community.
- Please email me and let me know how you are planning to participate with other grandparents on September 8 to pray for your grandchildren.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com.
- To learn more go to www.christiangrandparenting.net./day-of-prayer/.
“Above, all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life” (Proverbs 4:23).
Lillian Penner, Prayer Coordinator,