- Pray your grandchildren will learn to follow instructions and conduct themselves with right behavior.
- Encourage your grandchildren to be obedient to their parents
- Help them to understand that being well behaved is pleasing to God, their parents, teachers, and others. Appropriate behavior will be beneficial to them.
- Help them to understand that sometimes it is hard to be good, but God will help them to make right choices for appropriate behavior, if they ask him.
- Pray they will have gentle, kind and honest words.
- Pray that your grandchildren will recognize when they are tempted to sin, they will think about it and choose to resist the enemy.
- Pray that if they do sin, they will admit it, confess the sin to God, and ask forgiveness, if they have hurt another person.
- Pray also they will learn to think before they speak and choose their words wisely.
Taken from the book Grandparenting with a Purpose: Effective Ways to Pray for your Grandchildren by Lillian Penner. The book is available on this website.