- The shepherds were so excited they told everyone what they had seen. All who heard the shepherd’s story were astonished. The shepherds went back to the fields and flocks, glorifying and praising God.
- Mary quietly treasured all these things in her heart and thought about what had happened often. ₁
- The wise men brought Jesus expensive gifts and worshipped him.₂
Now the Christmas celebrations are over, the tree will come down soon, the decorations put away for another year.
What is your response to the birth of Jesus Christ?
- Are you glorifying and praising God for sending his Son into the world to save our sins?
- Are you worshipping the Lord and quietly meditating on His Word?
- Pray that your children and grandchildren’s response to the birth of Christ will be one of glorifying and praising God for the new life he provided.
- Pray they will stand as a symbol of hope in a dark world, adorned with God’s strength and beauty.
Don’t pack Jesus away with the Christmas ornaments until next Christmas.
My prayer is that your response is to grow in your spiritual life so you will be able to be an even greater godly influence in the lives of your grandchildren in 2014.
By Lillian Penner
₁ Taken from Luke 2:15-20
₂ Matthew 2:11