10 Suggestions for Grandparents to Pray for their Pre-teen and Teeenage Grandchildren.
1. Be motivated, disciplined, and challenged to apply themselves in their studies in order to excel academically.
2. Experience the reality of Jesus Christ in their lives as they grow strong in their faith.
3. Recognize the deception of the world.
4. Be covered with God’s safekeeping physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
5. Date wisely (which leads to a life’s partner).
6. Be sexually pure.
7. Have open communication and good relationship with parents.
8. Choose friends who will have a positive influence.
9. Develop a hunger for God’s Word and grow spiritually.
10. Have a balanced view of their beauty, charm and strength.
Taken from the book, Grandparenting with a Purpose: Effective Ways to Pray for your Grandchildren by Lillian Penner. The book is available on this website www.gdptpr.com for a reduced price of $11.00 including shipping.
By Lillian Penner, National Prayer Coordinator of Christian Grandparenting Network