How to Pray for Infants and Toddlers
My grandchildren range in age from 11 to 32 years but now I have 2 great-granddaughters less than 18 months so I am again praying for infants and toddlers. If you have infants and/or toddlers you may appreciate these suggestions of how to pray for them.
- Develop a strong sense of security as they bond with their family.
- Feel safe and secure in their surroundings.
- Grow physically strong and mentally alert.
- Begin to lay a healthy foundation for good communication.
- Begin to develop a healthy attachment to their family members.
For Toddlers, pray they will:
- Develop a healthy self-image.
- Develop a sense of independence.
- Develop a sense of obedience to their parents.
- Be willing to try new, unfamiliar experiences.
- Feel secure apart from parents (i.e.caregivers).
- Learn to play independently.
I would appreciate it if you would give additional suggestions of how to pray for these dear little infants and toddlers.
Taken from the book, Grandparenting with a Purpose: Effective Ways to Pray for your Grandchildren, page 83. Available at www.grandparentingwithapurpose.com.